Weight Loss Ticker

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vow Renewal and Progress (or lack therof)

Hey Folks... It's been a long time since I've posted to this blog. A lot has been going on lately. We renewed our vows in Jamaica a couple of weeks ago. The ceremony was beautiful. Here's a pic of me and the hubby.

We had a really great turnout. 15 relatives and friends joined us for the occasion. I couldn't have asked for better weather either. The forcast called for weather everyday we were there. But you know what? We get a drop of rain that day. It was extreemly hot but no rain. See how happy we all are?
I'm not quite sure what's wrong with the date stamp and time on this pic but you guys get the idea. Right? Anyhoo... We had a really good time and I can't wait to go back. In fact, I can see myself going back to Jamaica every other year if not every year. I absolutely loved it! Here's a few more pics my special day.
 I just had to modify the preacher's words to my own taste. I was SO happy and excited here. I would marry this man over and over again. (I really would like to do that every 5 years.)

I know father's don't usually walk the brie down the aisle for a renewal but we eloped the first time. My father cried at the honor....

 This is (right to left) my step-mother, father, ME, and my "OTS", Tiffany
 Me and my Papa Bear again
 This is a little out of order but that was me on my way to the wedding...

 I liked this picture.... Everything was absolutely spectacular.

Yes, I ate that cake and everything else I saw. I was on a "see-food diet". If they let me see it I was ready to eat it. I really have to do better folks. I didn't reach my goal weight by the wedding but I have a good time anyway. That's been a valuable lesson for me. I need to stop being so concerned with dates and deadlines and remember that I'm in this for the long haul. Maybe if I say that enough I'll start to believe it and do what I need to accomplish those goals one day soon. Until we speak again....

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering about you. I'm glad you had such a lovely time in Jamaica. Everything looks spectacular. Start with small steps if you need to. Consistent small steps will lead to big results

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and accompanying me through this journey! I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.