Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, September 2, 2011

Better Luck Next Time

Hey Folks. Happy Friday!!! I have been really looking forward to this long weekend. It'll be a 4 day weekend for me and my baby is headed to first grade on Tuesday. He's not looking forward to trading in summer trips for book reports but he'll get over it. I hope....

The last time we talked I told you guys I was going to try to finish up the C25K week 5, run #3. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I was well into the 20min running phase when suddenly I felt weak and sore all over. These weren't my normal running aches and pains. This felt as if it was something serious. I had already not been feeling like myself lately with feelings of what Web MD diagnosed as fibromyalgia . I felt numbness, soreness and burning aching pain. I tried to push through the pain and get through the workout but it wasn't happening.

I felt so defeated. This was the first time in over a year that I started a workout and didn't finish it. I reasoned that it was better to be safe than sorry and seek some real medical attention and lean not to my own medical understanding which is very limited seeing that I'm an Accountant in a hospital and know nothing about the clinical side. I forget that every now and again. (LOL)

I went to the doctor and she conducted a series of tests to analyze my strength (and I think coordination). She was pleased with my performance and decided to run "a few tests". When I got to the lab, "a few tests" ended up being 8 tubes of blood. Needless to say, I became even more concerned. The lab tech was not sure what all of the tests were for. Among the ones she did understand were cholesterol, diabetes, thyroids, blood count, anemia, and rheumatoid something or other. I know this is bad but I'm really hoping that my thyroid is behind my weight issues. Oh, how nice it would be to pop a pill and be a healthy weight again. I don't even need to be skinny - just healthy (and sexy would be nice too, LOL), Shoot, I'll settle for having only one stomach.

Anywho.. I decided to take it easy for a few days until the results come back unless I wake up feeling like my old self again. I'm really hoping that this is all in my mind or stress related from me being so disappointed in my weight loss (or lack thereof). So for now, I guess I'll just have to wait. Maybe I'll try to do some low impact exercise and gradually build my way back up. Again, I can't believe I failed to finish week 5.  I won't give up. Better luck next time...





2 comments:

  1. I think I blogged about it, but I can't completely remember...my first 25 or 28 minute run (in a row) FAILED. I kicked myself. I was SO mad and frustrated and upset. UGH. A friend of mine said this, "It is NOT a "fail" if you get out there and run. No matter how long or how far, you got out there." So, I'm passing along her words in the hopes it will help you as it did for me.

    That's also awesome that you got to the doctor for a "few" tests! I think, even if everything comes back fine, you will feel better knowing for sure AND then you will realize what is pain to run through...i'm hoping that is all this is! I also went through a wish at one point that I would discover a thyroid issue. Although, I think people who say they have that (imho) are just using the excuse. I have not yet met someone who is able to take a pill for their thyroid and lose weight. Maybe I just haven't met enough people. :)

    Keep rockin, sweet Shanita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick - 8 tubes of blood? You poor thing. =( When do you find out the results of all these tests?
    P.S. SOA is the bomb diggity! I love violent, I love gritty - and I love all the sexytimes Jax brings! hehehe
    Feel better soon, girl, and don't worry about C25K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and accompanying me through this journey! I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.