Weight Loss Ticker

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Insanity Disc 3 - Part 1

Well... I got off to a late start tonight. I got a surprise (but much welcome) visit from my brother. He said he was going to try Insanity with me but he chickened out. I know he's probably going to read the first three sentences and claim that he wasn't scared but Blogger World, I'm telling you the truth: Baby Boy was shaking in his boots. Instead of working out. we laughed talked, ate dinner and even visited our Dear Ole' Dad. But I have a goal and a plan to reach that goal so I headed to the basement at 11:00pm to do my daily workout after all the fun was finished. I decided not to let my workout stop my life and not to let my life stop my workout. (But that's another post for another time).

I originally planned on doing the program twice a day with half in the morning and half in the evening but Disc 2 left me too sore to get out of bed without limping let alone work out early in the morning so I decided to just go at my own pace and workout twice a day when my body permits. I could have done the whole 40 minutes tonight but I wanted to quit while I was ahead and save some energy for tomorrow. I'm praying that my hips, glutes, calfs, and wrists have time to recuperate by then. I will begin stretching more throughout the day in hopes that this will alleviate some of the pain.

The first 2 minutes were what Shaun T. called a "warm up" but it was a workout for me. I didn't enjoy it as much as yesterday's routine but I stuck with it anyway. Yesterday's was more difficult but today's repeated Power Jacks. I don't like those but I did it anyway. There weren't any other noteworthy moves in this part of the disc but I can say it's tough on the knees so don't slack on the stretches. I actually stretch before the routine because the stretch takes place after you've already used the muscles. I'm not the most fit person in the world so I stretch first preferring to be safe early than sorry later.

The stretch was awesome!!! I know I complained about the Disc 1 stretch but it must be because I've grown accustomed to the Active 2 (Wii Game) stretches and the Jillian Michael's stretches. We did a lot of the same moves that I originally hated the other day but they felt good. I guess I didn't appreciate the stretch before because my muscles hadn't been used with such intensity until the past two days.

It's time for me to hit the shower and play a few hands of Live' Holdem'. I know this is only my second day (or technically my 1st and a half) but I'm enjoying this. Next time around, I hope not to need to break the routine in half. But even if I do, who cares? This isn't about Beach Body, Shaun T or anyone else. This is my journey so I'll make up the rules as I go along. But I will continue to press on. We all have to start somewhere and I'm starting from where I'm coming from and if you've been where I'm at, you understand. If not, you probably think I'm just rambling. I am but there is a method behind my madness. Thanks for reading!

I'm signing out on my quest to "Get fit or hurt trying" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and accompanying me through this journey! I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.