Weight Loss Ticker

Friday, July 8, 2011

Insanity Disc 4 - Completed!

I completed Disc 4: Cardio Recovery its it's entirety today. This is the FIRST time I've been able to complete one of these DVDs non-stop and without cheating. (Well, except for the Yoga stuff but my flexibility has improved already after only 4 days.).

Today's workout consisted mainly of stretching all of the muscles we've have been working to the max up until this point. It felt good. I know this sounds very cliche' but it's the truth so I'm going to say it anyhow: STRETCHING IS IMPERATIVE! The achy body parts I have been complaining about up until this point feel good. Yes, my thighs are still slightly burning and my bootie hurts when I climb stairs but it's bearable now and getting better everyday. I think the "booty on my back" is starting to fall off. If not, at least I know those stretches and muscle toning exercises today relieved some of the pain.

There were no crazy cardio moves today. Instead we focused more on toning and stretching. I even managed to do all of the plank exercises which required me to put my full body weight on my wrists and feet. The wrist is still sore but getting stronger. I'm starting to think that this physical thing is really a matter of you telling your body what to do and not the other way around. (Maybe I've been watching/reading too much Jillian Michaels).

While I realize that while exercise is an important part of weight loss and healthy living, nutrition is equally (if not more) important so I'll start to share some healthy snack and quick meal options along the way as well. However, my primary focus will be physical activity. I've learned that if you workout hard enough and eliminate small things such as regular soda, fried foods and vending machines - you'll will see results. I have no problem with the physical activity oart - I actually like it. My problem is the nutrition. I'm going to work harder on it. I promise. My 30th birthday is right around the corner and I'm trying to be 50 pounds lighter by November 30th.  I at least want to stop shopping in the Plus section/stores.

I'm terrified of what tomorrow's workout will be like. Today was just a little too easy. So I'm going to fall back, relax, play some poker online, watch a little TV with the family and rest up for tomorrow's Insanity adventure.

Oh... my best friend's daughter is having a birthday party tomorrow so that will be my first challenge. I have a weakness for birthday cake, particularly the icing. I'll be sure to count calories and have only 1/4 slice of cake. I'm a firm believe that complete deprivation of the foods we love only causes us to binge and I've come to far to go back there again.

Until I write again, I'll "get fit or hurt trying". Thanks again for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and accompanying me through this journey! I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.