Weight Loss Ticker

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Set Back or Set Up?

I'm pissed off.

I've been working really hard this week. I've done all of my workouts and even an extra one yesterday (for two in one day), I haven't had any beef (even though steak is one of my favorite foods) and I didn't have as many "grown up drinks" as I normally would have or would have liked to yet I got on the scale today and saw that my weight loss was exactly 0 lbs.

The official weekly weigh in isn't until Tuesday but I expected to have lost at least 2 lbs since this past Tuesday by now. WTF!!!

So then I ask myself: "Is this a set back or a set up?"

Will I allow one bad week to cause me to turn back to my old ways? Will I throw in the towel and reason that there is no use and that I am destined to be a fat girl for life? Will I still be overly attentive to any blemish on my face because I feel that's the only attractive part of my body left?

OR will I use this 0 lb weight loss as a propeller to push myself to another level? Will I learn from this and workout harder and/or longer and eliminate anything that is not nutritionally necessary from my diet? Will I remember that being healthy is not a destination but rather a life-long process? What will I do?

The way I see it is I can either sulk in my saltiness (bitterness) and binge eat another 3 lbs on by tomorrow or I can rejoice in the fact that I have not gained anymore weight. I can either be upset that I didn't reach my supper aggressive goal of 4 lbs this week or I can be happy that I am on my way to a healthier happier me.

Basically, it's all about how I/you/we choose to look at things. There are a couple of bible verses that come to mind which I find comfort, encouragement and strength in right now and I'd like to share one of them with you all. I do/did have another blog where I posted daily meditations so I'm not going to duplicate that effort on this blog. However, I find that whatever is in us is bound to come out. Good or bad. And right now, this is what's on the inside encouraging me to go forth on the outside.

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (Galatians 6:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and accompanying me through this journey! I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment.